100 Villagers Killed as Armed Attackers Raid Community in Burkina Faso

Armed attackers have killed at least 100 people in an attack on a village in northern Burkina Faso, according to the nation’s government.

In a statement released on Saturday, the government said the attackers laid siege on villagers on Friday night, killing residents of Solhan village in Yagha province, at the border of Niger.

The attackers have been dubbed terrorists by the government but no organisation has claimed responsibility so far, with Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) and Al-Qaeda terrorists wreaking havoc on civilians for more than three months now.

Other countries affected in the region include Niger and Mali whose refugees, numbering up to 20,000 are also in Burkina Faso seeking safety.

More than one million Burkinabes have been displaced from their homes since the insurgents went on a loose more than two years ago.

Joint national efforts from the Sahelian nations have so far provided some results but have done little to push the terrorists back to their shells.

The Burkina Faso government has said its current estimation of fatalities from the attack is at 100, with more deaths probably yet to be counted.

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article

Tanzania Grants Embassies Access to Import COVID-19 Vaccines

Next Article

Nigeria, Where Caged Birds Sing

Related Posts