President Muhammadu Buhari will on Thursday, June 10, 2021 commission the 156km Lagos—Ibadan standard gauge railway line in Lagos.
What to know about the Lagos—Ibadan standard gauge railway line in Lagos State
- The total length is 136.8km with a maximum design speed of 150km.
- The first double-track standard gauge rail in West Africa.
- The first Nigerian railway line to be started and completed by the same administration, since 1960.
- Commencement of design work and construction started on September 15, 2017.
- Track laying work started on May 2nd, 2018.
- The project was extended into Apapa Ports.
- Has a holding capacity 6,000 passengers.