The 650,000 BPD Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals will be officially opened on Monday by Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari.
The Dangote Group announced on Twitter that the refinery will produce a variety of refined products, including Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), Diesel (AGO), Aviation jet fuel, and Dual-Purpose Kerosene (DPK).
The launch of this refinery is expected to take place in Lagos State.
Here are 20 facts you should know about the Dangote Petroleum Refinery.
1. It is located in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, covering a land area of approximately 2,635 hectares.
2. The refinery is powered by a 435-megawatt (MW) power plant.
3. The refinery is the world’s largest single train with a capacity of 650,000 barrels per day with a 900 KTPA Polypropylene plant.
4. At full capacity, it can meet 100% of the Nigerian requirement of all refined products and also have surplus for exports.
5. It is designed for 100% Nigerian crude with the flexibility to process other crudes.
6. It is a self-sufficient marine facility with the ability for freight optimisation. It has the largest single order of 5 single-point moorings (SPMs) anywhere in the world.
7. Diesel and gasoline from the refinery will conform to Euro V specifications.
8. The refinery design complies with World Bank, US EPA, European emission norms and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) emission/effluent norms.
9. The refinery incorporates state-of-the-art technology.
10. It is designed to process a large variety of crudes, including many of the African crudes, some of the middle eastern crudes and the US Light Tight Oil.
11. 65 million cubic meters of sand dredged, costing approximately €300 million, using the world’s largest dredgers.
12. The company bought over 1,200 units of various equipment to enhance the local capacity for site works.
13. It bought 332 cranes to build up equipment installation capacity.
14. It also built the world’s largest granite quarry to supply coarse aggregate, stone column material, stone base, stone, dust and material for breakwater (10 million tons per year production capacity).
15. It developed a port and constructed two quays with a load-bearing capacity of 25 tons/square meter to bring over dimensional cargoes close to the site directly.
16. It constructed two more quays in the port with a capacity to handle up to Panamax vessels to export, two quays to handle liquid cargoes. The port will have six quays, including a roll-on/roll off quay.
17. In the course of the civil works, 700 piles were drilled on some days, with total number of piles up to 250,000.
18. It has 177 tanks of up 4.742 billion liters capacity.
19. Dangote is one of the few companies in the world executing a Petroleum refinery & a Petrochemical complex directly as an Engineering, Procurement and Construction(EPC) contractor.
20. It trained 900 young engineers in refinery operations abroad. Mechanical Engineers trained in the GE University in Italy. Also, Process Engineers were trained by Honeywell/Universal Oil Products (UOP) for six months.
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.