Four people dead in fresh Ebola outbreak in DR Congo

Health Minister Eteni Longondo said the National Institute of Biomedical Research (INRB) had confirmed that samples taken in the northwestern city of Mbandaka tested positive to Ebola.
BUTEMBO, CONGO – JULY 27: A healthcare member inoculates a man for Ebola suspicion to take precautions against the disease in Butembo, Democratic Republic of the Congo on July 27, 2019. JC Wenga / Anadolu Agency

A fresh Ebola outbreak has left four people dead in northwestern Democratic Republic of Congo, adding to an existing outbreak in the east, as well as the coronavirus pandemic, health officials said on Monday.

“Four people have already died,” Health Minister Eteni Longondo told a press conference.

He said the National Institute of Biomedical Research (INRB) had confirmed that samples taken in the northwestern city of Mbandaka tested positive, an AFP report said. 

There is another Ebola outbreak in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo which has killed 2,280 people since August 2018, and had been hoped to be proclaimed over on June 25.

Your Friends Also Read:  Former Sudan President, Omar al-Bashir, On Trial For 1989 Coup

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article

Suspected killer of UN experts in DR Congo arrested

Next Article

South Africa postpones reopening of schools over safety concerns

Related Posts
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App