Kenya’s Health Ministry Raises Alarm Over Congested Markets

Kenya Health Ministry Raises Alarm
Kenya Health Ministry Raises Alarm

Kenya’s Ministry of Health has raised concerns on the laxity of some Kenyans in observing the coronavirus protection directives. This, the ministry, says will compromise the gains so far recorded in the fight against the virus.

Health Chief Administrative Secretary Rashid Aman specifically listed the public transport industry and registered complaints about overloaded vehicles.

Aman also raised concerns on market-place congestions where social and physical distancing is not being observed, while also sounding a note of warning to politicians against large gatherings.

“Our team noted that there is continued overloading of matatus and buses both in rural and in urban areas with no regard to the social and physical distancing required. Overcrowding in public places especially in marketplaces is becoming common with people not observing the social distancing rule,” Aman said.

Your Friends Also Read:  Nigeria Records Four COVID-19 Deaths, 79 New Infections

With the COVID-19 cases now above 35,400 as at September 10th, Aman urged the public transport operators, politicians and Kenyans not to let down their guard because the virus is still active.

“These challenges are rolling back the gains we have made since we began fighting this pandemic. I want to urge our people and those in the public transport to cooperate with the government and not allow their vehicles to be the weak link in the fight against the virus. The more squeezed people are the easier it is to spread the virus,” Aman added.

On Wednesday, Kenya recorded 104 new COVID-19 cases, taking the country’s caseload to 35, 460.

Your Friends Also Read:  Ethnic Violence in Western Ethiopia Claims 130 Civilians

New infections have significantly declined since the beginning of August 2020, although public health officials say it is due to lack of reagents for testing.
The Health Ministry has urged Kenyans to remain on high alert while warning that COVID-19 dangers remain imminent.


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article
Ben Llewellyn Jones

Britain Appoints New Deputy High Commissioner in Nigeria

Next Article

Man Strangles 17-Month-Old Stepson In Jigawa, Nigeria

Related Posts
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App