Five Die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Kenya

Five family members were found dead on Saturday morning in their house in Githurai 45 area, Kiambu County, Central Kenya, the police have said.

The middle-aged couple and their three children are suspected to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Phineas Ringera, Ruiru Divisional Police Commander said that the father earned a living by selling boiled maize in the area.

“We believe he lit the jiko (cooker) and left his maize to boil overnight exposing the family to the carbon monoxide which suffocated them.

“They all died,’’ Ringera said.

He added that the Police believe the victims, including the three children aged three months, six and eight years respectively, inhaled the poisonous gas that killed them.

Your Friends Also Read:  African runners dominate Barcelona Half Marathon

Ringera said an autopsy is planned to identify the exact cause of death, he also said that they found the boiled maize on a jiko in the family’s house.

The Police were alerted by neighbours, who became concerned when they did not see the man who he is an earlier riser.

The neighbours had knocked on the door, which was locked from inside, and gotten no response.

Leave your vote


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.
Your Friends Also Read:  Ethiopia begins electricity rationing following water levels drop

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares
Previous Article

Algeria Court Acquits Ex-President Bouteflika's Brother

Next Article

Militants Kill 17 Villagers in Eastern D.R Congo

Related Posts

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.