Nigeria’s voters registration exercise has been modernised with an introduction of an online portal.
A brief statement on the electoral body’s official Facebook page indicates that the portal, http://www.cvr.inecnigeria.org/, will go live from today Monday, June 28, when the online registration is scheduled to commence.
The portal will also allow already registered voters to make statutory activities activities such as transfers, correction of personal details and replacement of damaged or defaced PVCs online.
INEC CVR: Simple Registration Steps
- Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process
- Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration 4. Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre-registration
- Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information
- After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration centre for biometric capture to complete his/her registration. READ ALSO 2023 general election: INEC introduces voter enrollment device
- The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre-registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated
- Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details
- Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture
- A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters’ Card (PVC)