IS Claims Responsibility for Bomb Attack in Uganda’s Pork Restuarant

An attack that killed at least one person in Uganda’s capital Kampala on Saturday night had been claimed by Islamic State, according to a statement posted on a Telegram channel affiliated with the militant group late on Sunday.

The group claimed that some of its members detonated an explosive device at a bar in Kampala where the Crusader Ugandan government was gathering.

Police said the bomb was packed with nails and shrapnel and was aimed at a pork restaurant outside the capital.

Three men dressed as customers, police say, visited the restaurant, placed a polythene bag under a table and left moments before the explosion.

A 20-year-old waitress was killed in the blast and three other people were injured, two of whom were in critical condition, the police said, adding that all indications point to a domestic terror attack.

Your Friends Also Read:  MTN Nigeria test runs 5G in Calabar

According to President Yoweri Museveni, the attack appeared to be a terrorist attack.

The Somali Islamist militant group al Shabaab killed dozens of Kampala residents in a bomb attack in 2010, saying they were punishing Uganda for sending troops to Somalia.


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article

Top Govt Officials Arrested In Sudan In Suspected Coup

Next Article

Nigeria's Central Bank Set to Launch Digital Currency, eNaira

Related Posts