Normalcy Restored After Blue Route Mall Bomb Scare

Normalcy Restored After Blue Route Mall Bomb Scare (News Central TV)

Business and retail activities are gradually resuming to the Blue Route Mall following a bomb scare at the mall earlier on Thursday morning.

SAPS attended the scene with the K9 Unit while staff and shoppers were hurriedly evacuated. Blue Route Mall posted on social media: “Dear patrons, this morning there was a bomb scare at Blue Route Mall. Out of an abundance of caution we evacuated the building. The safety of our customers, tenants and employees is of the highest priority.”

SAPS spokesperson Frederick van Wyk said police combed the scene after being dispatched.

“Kirstenhof SAPS patrol vehicle was contacted via the Community Service Centre (CSC) regarding a bomb threat at a clothing store at a shopping mall in Kirstenhof at about 10.30 today (Thursday) SAPS Bomb Squad and K9 Unit dispatched to the scene. Staff and customers were evacuated,” said Van Wyk.

Your Friends Also Read:  BAL: Petro Atletico Brazilian Jose Neto as new coach

The mall had been targeted previously during a jewellery store robbery when hooded assailants in overalls stormed the store, smashed counters to gain access to jewellery before a shootout ensued between police and the robbers.


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
1
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article
Facebook Removes Ethiopian PM Post for Stirring Violence (News Central TV)

Facebook Removes Ethiopian PM Post for Stirring Violence

Next Article

UN Calls for Further Investigations Into Genocide Claims in Tigray Crisis

Related Posts