Stampede, Injuries as Fire Guts Nigerian Law School, Lagos Campus

Stampede, Injuries as Fire Guts Nigerian Law School, Lagos Campus (News Central TV)

A last night fire at the Lagos campus of Law School located on Ozumba Mbadiwe street, Victoria Island caused panic and commotion as many stormed out of their rooms.  

An eye witness who narrated the incident said the fire, suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault, started at 10 pm from the first floor of the 5-storey hostel housing about 1500 law graduates on the Lagos campus.

“The fire came with a big bang. There was stampede in the hostel. A student jumped from the first floor where the fire started near the reading room. Other students ran out from their rooms stark naked.

Your Friends Also Read:  Macron Parleys African leaders Ahead of Expected Mali Withdrawal

“People had asthma attacks and five people were injured bodily. One elderly woman who is a cleaner had her toe dislocated,” she added.

The fire at the Lagos campus hostel was however contained when hostel security officials put off the main electrical server switch before the arrival of Fire Service some minutes later.

The injured students are currently receiving medical attention at the school clinic.

News Express also gathered that, apart from one big electric cable, no tangible property was destroyed as nothing was close to the place where the fire started from.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.
Your Friends Also Read:  Gunmen Abduct 40, Kill 11 in Zamfara, Nigeria



Leave a Reply

Previous Article

South Africa: Basic Income Grant Recipients Now Exceed Number of Taxpayers

Next Article
Nigerian Soldier on Development Training Busted With Cannabis, Charms (News Central TV)

Police Arrest Nigerian Soldier With Cannabis, Charms

Related Posts
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App