No fewer than 24 migrants are missing or dead after their rubber dinghy capsized off the Libyan coast.
The International Organisation for Migration (IOM), on Tuesday, said most of the migrants are believed to be Egyptian nationals, adding that two bodies have been recovered from the Mediterranean.
IOM spokeswoman, Safa Msehli, in an interview said 22 people were still missing in the Mediterranean.
The boat was one of three that departed from the coastal city of Zawya on Sunday, carrying Moroccan and Egyptian migrants.
The Libyan coast guard returned 45 migrants to Tripoli on Monday night, according to the report.
According to the IOM, so far this year, around 400 migrants have died at sea on the central Mediterranean route to southern Europe.
Meanwhile, the IOM has honoured Mr Robert Tachie Menson, a Chief Reporter with the Ghana News Agency for winning the first-ever Reporting Migration Initiative.
Mr. Tachie Menson was the only Ghanaian journalist who was selected among a list of four other journalists whose entries were chosen from more than 13 countries in the West and Central Africa after highlighting issues related to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, socio-economic development and migration.
For his prize, he received a cash prize and a certificate from the IOM and the European Union (EU).
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.