The ex-wife of Zimbabwe’s VP, Mary Mubaiwa remanded in prison for allegedly tried to kill him
The estranged wife of Zimbabwe’s Vice President Constantino Chiwenga has been charged in a Harare court for the attempted murder of the Vice President and ordered to be remanded in custody by a magistrate court without bail till February 2020.
Vice President Chiwenga had accused his ex-model wife of making an attempt to his life. The ex-military general claimed Mubaiwa poisoned him, necessitating his long medical trips to China and South Africa.
He made complaints in court documents on Monday, to the effect that Mubaiwa tried to kill him while in hospital, by unplugging the life support tubes.
His complaint formed the nucleus of the attempted murder charge against her on Monday.The criminal complaints against Mary Mubaikwa
ATTEMPTED MURDER AS DEFINED IN SECTION 189 ARW SECTION 47 OF THE CRIMINAL LAW (CODIFICATION AND REFORM) ACT, CHAPTER 9:23
- The complainant is the Vice President of Zimbabwe Comrade Constantino Guvheya Dominic Nyikadzino Chiwenga.
- Accused Marry Mubaiwa is estranged wife of the complainant.
- On 22 June 2019, the complainant was airlifted to South Africa for emergency medical attention however upon arrival, the accused forced the complainant to stay at Sheraton Hotel in Pretoria for 24 hours.
- On 23 June 2019, accused kept on denying complainant access to medical treatment and the security team had to force their way to take the complainant to Netcare hospital.
- Upon his admission at the hospital, the complainant was inserted with Intra Venous giving Set as well as Central Venous Catheter in order to sustain his life. Some weeks later, the complainant was transferred to a private Ward where he was under 24-hour monitoring by doctors and his security personnel.
- During this time when the complainant was admitted at the hospital, he was helpless and would rely on medical staff and the security personnel whenever he was moving from one point to the other.
- On 8 July 2019, at about 2000 hours, the accused came to the hospital with the intent to cause serious harm to the complainant. She ordered the security personnel to excuse her alleging that she wanted privacy with the complainant. The security personnel went outside leaving the accused together with the complainant inside the ward.
- Whilst alone with the complainant accused unlawfully removed the medical Intra Venous Giving Set as well as Central Venous Catheter which were inserted to the complainant and the complainant started bleeding profusely.
- The accused forced the complainant off the bed, held him by hand and moved out from the ward before being intercepted by the security personnel at the exit door. The hospital staff was called by the security personnel and they reconnected the Intra Venous Giving Set and the Central Venous Catheter and resuscitated the condition of the complainant.
- The accused disappeared from the hospital after the hospital staff was alerted by the security personnel.
- The accused had no right whatsoever to act in the manner she did.
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.