Kenya’s former President Uhuru Kenyatta has reappeared on social media three years after his exit. Kenyatta left social media after amassing over 3 million followers.
After Kenyatta’s exit in March 2019, all official communication from the Presidency was circulated solely through official State House accounts.
Kenyatta is now back with the official account @4thPresidentKE, which is now available on both Facebook and Twitter platforms.
His first post on Twitter was on the Third Inter-Congolese Consultations of the Nairobi Peace Process on Monday.
Kenyatta’s exit from Twitter elicited mixed reactions with a section of Kenyans claiming that the country’s fourth Head of State caved to pressure from vicious trolls popularly known as Kenyans on Twitter (KoT) who were critical of his leadership.
However, Nzioka Waita who was the State House Chief of Staff at the time said that Kenyatta’s account had been temporarily suspended following where he claimed unauthorised access.
“On account of unauthorised access to the official social media handles of H.E the President of the Republic of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta. All official social media handles for the President have been temporarily suspended to allow for the necessary remedial measures to be undertaken,” Nzioka said on March 22, 2019.
Two years ago, Kenyatta explained that he left social media since it was full of invectives adding that he left for the sake of his peace of mind.
“Mimi sio mtu wa hiyo (social media). HAta Twitter niliondoka huko nikaona hii kitu ni bure ni matusi tu hakuna kitu inaendelea huko. Unakaa hapo unasoma, hulali. Afadhali nipige story na mama, nilale, niamke, niende kazi na dunia iendelee,” Kenyatta said on November 25.
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.