Anambra State Governor, Professor Charles Soludo has cancelled last Saturday’s online teachers’ recruitment examination which was marred by hitches and has ordered a fresh one. The server crashed barely 30 minutes into the one-hour exam.
Although 40,000 teachers applied for the teaching job, only 31,800 candidates were cleared to write the online recruitment examination.
The Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Christian Aburime, in a statement said the Governor directed that the last week’s examination be cancelled and a repeat exercise would hold to accommodate all interests.
“In line with his objective of ensuring transparency and fairness to all, Anambra State Governor, Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo, has directed a repeat of the online recruitment exam for Teachers in Anambra State.
“Governor Soludo has, therefore, directed the Commissioner for Education, Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh to conduct a repeat of the exercise to make up for the shortfall in the Saturday 4th of June preliminary Teacher’s Recruitment Examination.
“He has further directed that all expenses for the test be covered by the Government,” he said.
Aburime added that Soludo had directed that the 31,800 listed applicants should be given an equal opportunity to participate in a preliminary online exam, before shortlisting the successful applicants for the 2nd Computer Based Test.
He explained that the mix-ups arose from the online examinations website crashing, stating that it was not intended as many had hinted.
“It is in a bid to make up and ensure that all eligible candidates are carried along, that the governor has approved a repeat of the exercise.
“He assures Ndi-Anambra that their interest will be protected at all times by his administration,” he said.
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.