CEO of LoatsAD media, Seyi Tinubu has again issued a statement to debunk rumours of him taking orders from Sanwoolu to specifically turn off the billboards of LoatsAD.
Few hours ago, Seyi Tinubi, the son of APC national leader and ex-governor of Lagos state released a statement that revealed that they shut down their billboard at the Lekki Toll gate based on the directives and the curfew order put in place by the State governor of Lagos state- Baba-Jide Sanwoolu, however some media organizations have taken this out of context to mean that he switched off the Lekki toll gate billboard on Sanwo-Olu’s order.
”Following our earlier post detailing what transpired at the Lekki toll gate yesterday, we would like to address the sensational headlines making the rounds.
Like every other business in Lagos and in compliance with the curfew issued by the Governor, we told our staff to leave all our sites at 3pm in order for them to adhere to the 4pm curfew issued. All news coverage around that period clearly show the billboard was off before 4pm (we will implore this to be verified).
All we operate is the billboard at this location and we have no control over the street lights or cctv.
When we were approached by the organisers of the protest to help them with power, we gave them unfettered use of our generator and ensured our technical staff was physically present to control the board for their use. And when the events were over he will leave at midnight.
On this occasion we were highly concerned about our staff members who live very far from Victoria Island. On no account will we have turned off our board on the same comrades we worked with throughout the entire period the protests were ongoing at the Tollplaza
Our hearts continue to go out to the victims and families of the tragic turn of events that have taken place. we are really heartbroken at the way things turned out and we pray our land is” healed by God’s grace”
This is the post Seyi TInubu put out and said was taken out of context, hereby, refering to the news of those organizations as fake, and their headlines as sensational, which he felt the need to readdress
”On Tuesday when the curfew was announced we heeded the governor’s warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governor’s curfew request.
We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same aguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act.
We believe in this movement and that it was the start of the change our generation needed to move our country forward and we will continue to support the youths of this great nation.”
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.