Inconsistencies In Guinea’s Presidential Election Results Worrisome – US

Guinea’s President Alpha Conde greets his supporters in Conakry on October 31, 2019. – Tens of thousands of Guineans rallied in support of President Alpha Conde on October 31, 2019, after two weeks of violent protests against the leader’s suspected bid to prolong his rule claimed around 10 lives. (Photo by CELLOU BINANI / AFP)

The US has expressed concern over “inconsistencies” in preliminary results of Guinea’s presidential election.

In a statement, the US embassy spoke of a “lack of transparency in vote tabulations and inconsistencies between the announced results and tally sheets results from polling stations”.

Guinea’s 82-year-old leader Alpha Condé won a controversial third term in office, according to preliminary results, amid violent protests across the country.

The US has urged all parties to peacefully resolve electoral disputes through established institutions. It said it supported diplomatic efforts by the West African regional bloc, Ecowas, the African Unions and the UN.

The main opposition leader, Cellou Dalein Diallo, had declared himself winner and was prevented from leaving his house until Wednesday when he said the security officers outside his home had been withdrawn.

Your Friends Also Read:  Sudan to begin trial of former leader Bashir August 17

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article

Osimhen Returns as Rohr Invites 24 for Sierra Leone

Next Article

140 Migrants Drown off Senegal's Coast - IOM

Related Posts
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App