The Lekki Concession Company (LCC) Limited, through its managing director, Yomi Omomuwasan, has announced the postponement of toll collection at the link bridge.
This announcement comes after an earlier decision to reopen on April 17, 2022. This, according to him, is to give residents more time to register for electronic toll devices.
“As a responsible organisation, we must take full cognizance of everyone within the axis. Therefore, we want to continue with the ongoing engagements with our stakeholders.
“The preparatory operations to resume tolling on the Bridge have been smooth so far, and we are grateful to all the key stakeholders for their cooperation.
“The planned commencement of toll collection has now been postponed, allowing more of our customers to register for the electronic toll devices to enable seamless passages at the toll plaza,” Omomuwasan said.
Few weeks ago, the decision by the LCC to resume tolling was greeted with a lot of controversy, as Lekki Estate Residents and Stakeholders Association kicked against it with vehemence, stating that the timing was wrong and insensitive.
“Back to back bombings on the Kaduna-Abuja rail. Numerous Nigerian lives needlessly wasted and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been uttered about it.
“Soldiers committed gruesome murders on innocent Nigerians on the night of October 20, 2020. The reports of the Judicial Panel set up by govt indicted the LCC. Despite being complicit in these gory crimes, LCC is brave enough to announce toll collection. What kind of madness?” Folarin Falana, a lawyer-turned music artist, better known as Falz said.
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.