Pharaohs goalkeeping coach dies from coronavirus

The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has announced the death of goalkeeping coach Mohamed Abdo from coronavirus
A picture taken on May 14, 2018 shows the headquarters of the Egyptian Football Association in Cairo. (Photo by KHALED DESOUKI / AFP)

The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has announced that the goalkeeping coach of the national team Mohamed Abdo has died from coronavirus.

Abdo was a member of the Itai El-Baroud Youth center team. He was a player there before he started training the junior side and later moved to the first team and then worked in Saudi Arabia for a while.

A member of Itai El-Baroud board Mahmoud El-Feki said Abdo was ill and quarantined but insisted he was not suffering from coronavirus.

“Abdo suffered about 9 days ago from illness.”

“The result of analyzes came positive and was quarantined in Kafr El Dawwar.” He added.

Your Friends Also Read:  ASL Will Change Football on the Continent - Patrice Motsepe

“I was in contact with him and he told me that he is not sick with corona, but we confirmed that he had the virus from the hospital statement.”

“We are now waiting for the body to be released from the hospital,” he said.

Managing director of the Badr Club Abdullah Ali also spoke about Mohamed Abdo.

“He started working with us as a goalkeeper coach in January.”

“We knew previously that he was ill, but we did not confirm at the time whether he was ill with corona or not.” Ali said.

The EFA chaired by Amr El-Ganyani and members of the Board of Directors offered condolences in an official statement published by the Egyptian Federation to the family of the 59-year old who was also working at third division club side Badr.

Your Friends Also Read:  IAAF court case: Semenya's lawyers say she is 'unquestionably a woman'

This is the first death amongst the football governing body of Egypt since the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic.

The Egyptian Football League had suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.

There have been some cases reported among some Egyptian players for the past two months, but nothing official has been announced regarding the issue.


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article

Mamelodi Sundowns break silence over Pitso Mosimane's future

Next Article

Sports stars in Egypt hit with new taxes

Related Posts
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App