Uganda Shuts Clubs, Limits Gatherings Over Increasing Cases of Ebola

Health officials and civic leaders in Uganda have suspended operations of entertainment centres and limited the number of people attending burials and weddings in Mubende District as they race to curb the spread of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).

Uganda has confirmed seven cases of Ebola so far, including one death – a 24-year-old who was confirmed dead on Tuesday.

On Thursday, the Ugandan Health Ministry spokesperson Emmanuel Ainebyoona said the death of a child in the area has been linked to probable Ebola.

In Mubende, the district Ebola taskforce imposed restrictions on visits to public offices in measures that mirror the standard operating procedures (SOPs) to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Your Friends Also Read:  Like Afrobeats, Like Nollywood: How International Competition Fuels Local Growth

The Mubende Resident District Commissioner, Ms Rosemary Byabashaija, who also doubles as the head of the Ebola taskforce in Mubende, said allowing gatherings to continue would be risking people’s lives as the virus spreads rapidly through physical contact.

“Since Ebola is spread through body contacts and it can highly be spread in congested places, we have come to a decision to suspend entertainment places, congested places, limit number of people attending weddings and introductions,” she said.


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.
Your Friends Also Read:  Nigeria, U.S Sign $2.17Billion Deal On Education, Health

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article

Nigeria's Electricity Workers Threaten to Shut Down National Grid

Next Article

Rwanda Innovation Fund Starts Financing ICT Startups

Related Posts
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App