Connect with us

News

YouTube Pulls Down Wendy Shay’s New Video, Singer Threatens Court Action

Published

on

A few hours ago, video sharing platform YouTube took down Ghana’s Wendy Shay’s new music video ‘Pray For The World’.

Youtube says she was reported by social media users who alleged the song has samples from Master KG’s ‘Jerusalema’.

Wendy Shay however is not ecstatic about this and says legal action will be taken against the company.

She took to twitter replying to the producer of the song’s comment on the issue where he wrote “Why amI hearing that a group of people went to report Wendy Shay’s “Pray For The World” video and now YouTube has taken it down for what?!! I am angry!! Ow Ghana so this is how bad you guys hate @wendyshay ? I am disappointed I cannot lie to you!”

The self-acclaimed queen of Ghana music responded “@mogbeatz this is the Country we are living in ooo …I will fight for my right because Pray for the World has a different chord progression from Jerusalema. SHAYGANG don’t worry my lawyers are dealing YouTube #prayfortheworld”

Wendy who calls herself the Beyonce of Ghana, inferred that people are triggered because with her over 2 million followers, she is not following anyone on Instagram.

Another tweep posted

And another…

And another…

Join our newsletter


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

News

Reality TV Stars Lucy and Kaisha Allegedly Assaulted by Nigerian Policemen

Published

on

Former Big Brother Naija housemates Lucy and Kaisha have recounted an unpleasant experience with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF). They described how they were allegedly assaulted by men of the Nigeria Police Force.

As this assault occurred, one of the reality TV stars switched to Instagram Live and recorded the rather unfortunate occurrence with men of the Nigerian Police Force. Kaisha who was recording, was talking at the top of her voice explaining what went down prior.


In Kaisha’s account of the incident, one of the police officers asked to search her handbag, and she refused. When Lucy asked Kaisha to get into the car, one of the officers prevented the ladies from entering their car.

It is not clear how the assault ended because the live session was cut midway when the police officer hit Kaisha’s phone.
This is not the first time a celebrity is facing the unruly wrath of the Nigeria Police Force.

It has become a recurrent event, where celebrities and common men are harassed and assaulted by police officers.
Last year, on Saturday October 3, 2020, a video showing a SARS police officer shooting a young Nigerian in front of Wetland Hotel, Ughelli, Delta State trended on the Internet.

The police officers allegedly took away the young man’s vehicle – a Lexus SUV. The trending video caused public outcry on social media, especially on Twitter, with the #ENDSARS hashtag trending.

Just as the ENDSARS trend began on Twitter, on Monday 5 October 2020, another report surfaced of SARS officers killing a 20-year-old upcoming musician named Daniel Chibuike, popularly called Sleek in his neighbourhood. Sleek was reportedly sitting in front of a hotel with a friend when the SARS officers approached them, prompting them to flee for their lives. Eyewitnesses said, the SARS men pursued the pair, shouting “thief”, before shooting Sleek as they ran through a supermarket. His friend was arrested.

On Thursday October 8, 2020, nationwide protests on ENDSARS started after weeks of outrage and anger with videos and pictures showing police brutality, harassment and extortion in Nigeria.

The protests were led predominantly by young Nigerians in different cities alongside many activists and celebrities. Nigeria Police Force disrupted the protests in some cities, throwing teargas, using water cannons and shooting at unarmed peaceful protesters as seen in Abuja and Osun leading to the death of young Jimoh Isiaq in Ogbomoso, Oyo State.

By Wednesday, October 14, 2020, the End SARS protests gained momentum led by young people in different parts of Nigeria with intensified calls for reforms and accountability in police operations

Join our newsletter


Continue Reading

Culture and Tourism

Coffins Dating Back 3000Years Discovered for the First Time in Egypt

Located at depths of 40 feet, the burial wells also contained games from ancient times, of which one is similar to modern chess, as well as statues of Anubis and wooden funerary masks.

Published

on

Archaeologists in Egypt have uncovered over 50 wooden coffins and mummies which date back to over 3,000 years in an ancient temple near Cairo.

The new treasures were found at the Saqqara necropolis, south of Cairo, which makes up part of the necropolis at Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt.

With cooperation between the Antiquities Ministry and the Zahi Hawass Centre at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, archaeologists uncovered 22 burial wells which contain 54 coffins that date back to the New Kingdom, which ruled Egypt between about 1570 BC and 1069 BC.

Most of the coffins displayed scenes of Gods that were worshipped at the time, with the discovery marking the first-time coffins dating back 3,000 years have been found in the Saqqara region.

The new discovery has helped archaeologists determine that the Saqqara area must have been used for burial purposes during both the New Kingdom as well as the Late Period.

Egypt’s former antiquities minister Zahi Hawass, revealed that experts also found a four-metre-long papyrus which included texts from the Book of the Dead; a compilation of ancient spells aimed at directing the dead through ancient Egypt’s underworld.

Located at depths of 40 feet, the burial wells also contained games from ancient times, of which one is similar to modern chess, as well as statues of Anubis and wooden funerary masks.

While commenting on the finds, Hawass said the discoveries will ‘rewrite the history of Saqqara and the New Kingdom’.

In the process of work close to the Pyramid of Teti, archaeologists also unearthed the temple of Queen Neit, wife of King Teti, who was the first king of the Sixth Dynasty that ruled Egypt from 2323 BC until 2150 BC.

A statement released on Facebook read “…These discoveries will rewrite the history of this region, especially during the 18th and 19th dynasties of the New Kingdom, during which King Teti was worshiped, and the citizens at that time were buried around his pyramid.

The mission confirmed that the entrance to the Saqqara region in the New Kingdom was through this area.

The mission discovered the funerary ancient temple of Queen [Neit], the wife of King Teti, part of which was already uncovered in the years prior.”

Three mud-brick warehouses, thought to have stored temple provisions, offerings and tools for the queen’s tomb, were found attached to Queen Neit’s temple.

While reaffirming Saqqara as an important tourist and cultural destination, Hawass described the find as the most important archaeological discovery this year. Hawass told reporters that 70% of the new

Join our newsletter


Continue Reading

News

Bandits Kill Four Police Officers in Kaduna, Nigeria

Published

on

Suspected bandits ambushed and killed no fewer than four Nigerian police officer, a statement by the force spokesperson, Frank Mba, has said.

The statement said the incident happened in the Birnin-Gwari area of Kaduna state.

One policeman remains missing.

According to Mba, the officers were on their way back to their base in Kano after completing a special duty when they were attacked on Friday along the Birnin-Gwari Funtua Highway.

The officers are personnel attached to Operation Puff Adder and deployed to Niger State in the sustained operation to reclaim public space.

He said the team was deployed to tackle incidences of banditry, kidnapping and other violent crimes in the area.

“Contrary to unconfirmed reports in some sections of the media that 18 officers were kidnapped, only 16 were attacked in the ambush,” Mba said in a statement on Sunday.

“The officers successfully repelled the attack accordingly and neutralised the bandits in their tens while many others scampered into the bush with gun shot injuries.

“Regrettably, four of the Officers paid the supreme price during the exchange of gun fire between the police and the bandits while an officer is still missing.”

Mba said the remaining 11 officers led by their Unit Commander successfully recovered the bodies and firearms of their fallen colleagues, adding that concerted efforts were being intensified to rescue the officer still missing.

He added that “tens” of gunmen were also killed in the clashes on Friday.

Meanwhile, in other separate attacks on Sunday also in Kaduna state, the authorities confirmed at least five people including an 80-year-old woman and a local traditional ruler were killed and several others wounded.

The state commissioner for Internal Security, Samuel Aruwan, says the gunmen targeted three rural areas of Giwa, Igabi and Chikun.

It’s not clear who carried out the series of weekend attacks in Kaduna state.

But it is one of several states in north-western Nigeria where criminal gangs frequently carry out deadly assaults or kidnap people for ransom.

In a previous attack within the week at least 18 people including mothers and their babies were kidnapped in a village in Birnin-Gwari area of the state. They’re yet to be released.

Join our newsletter


Continue Reading

Trending