An Egyptian court upheld Tuesday a decision to put 145 people, including staunch Muslim Brotherhood supporters, on the country’s “terrorism list”, a judicial source said.
The Court of Cassation rejected appeals against a ruling passed by a lower court in June last year.
The defendants were accused of training militants and plotting violence in the country, the source said.
The list includes senior Brotherhood figures, many of whom fled Egypt following the military ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in 2013.
The Brotherhood was designated a “terrorist organisation” months after Morsi’s overthrow.
Turkey-based TV hosts Moataz Matar and Mohamed Nasser, who both work for pro-Muslim Brotherhood channels, are among those on the list.
Matar has recently been in the crosshairs of the state after initiating online calls for protests against President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.
Hundreds have been added to Egypt’s terrorism list in recent years including Morsi himself.