Connect with us

News

22 Boko Haram Fighters Killed In Failed Bid to Raid Nigerian Army Camp

Published

on

The Nigerian Army killed no fewer than 22 Boko Haram members when the terrorist group attempted to raid a military camp in Damboa, Borno State.

According to a statement by the Coordinator Defence Media Operations, Major General John Enenche, the Boko Haram fighters attacked Army Super Camp but were subdued by the superior firepower of the troops.

“Troops of Operation FIRE BALL under Operation LAFIYA DOLE has continued to decimate members of the Boko Haram/ Islamic State of West Province in order clear the remnants of the terrorists from the theatre,” the statement read.

“Consequently, on 25 October 2020 in what could appear to be a suicide journey the BokoHaram/Islamic State of West African Province attacked the well fortified Army Super Camp Damboa under 25 Bde in Sector 2.

“The terrorists met their waterloo as they were pounded with superior fire power and additional fire support from the Air Task Force. The criminals withdrew in rout as they could not withstand the well organised and determined soldiers during the encounter”.

The statement added that “the Boko Haram terrorists suffered severe casualties as 22 terrorists were neutralized others escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds, 2 Gun trucks destroyed, One NSV Anti Aircraft Gun, 2 Rocket Propelled Grenade Tubes, 4 PKT Machine guns, One General Purpose Machine Gun, One Browning Machine Gun, 12Ak 47 Rifles, One AK 74 Rifle were recovered.


Others were, “one RPG 7 bomb, 116 Rounds of 7.62mm NATO and 2 Hand grenades were recovered from the terrorists.

“Few of own soldiers were wounded in action and have since been evacuated and receiving medical treatment”.

“The troops of Operation Fire Ball under operation LAFIYA DOLE are hereby commended for the resilience, doggednes and commitment exhibited since the beginning of Operation FIRE BALL. They are equally encouraged not to rest on their oars but build on the successes recorded.

“The entire populace of the North East are hereby assured of the Nigerian military high command determination to finally rout the remnants the BHT/ISWAP criminals from their enclaves in this zone.”

East Africa News

80 Final Year Students Quit Kenya School, Say Principal Was Too Strict

Published

on

No fewer than 80 final year students of a secondary school in eastern Kenya left the school in a day over claims the principal, Joseph Makau, was too strict.

The students also told local media that they were tired of studying.

They also raised concerns over the poor diet offered at the school and the recent withdrawal of entertainment sessions that ran on a weekly basis.

Local media also reported that the incident left only 36 final years students in Matungulu Boys Secondary School compound.

The students, who had earlier boycotted meals during the day, were said to have walked out of the school on Wednesday evening without staging any form of a riot.

Makau said some of the students had been undergoing counselling due to the use of hard drugs before the closure of schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Those who walked out of the school are suffering from ‘freestyle’ kind of living where they don’t want to adhere to basic regulations for conducive learning. We will remain firm and as a school, we will not entertain any indiscipline that threatens smooth learning.” he said.

Some of the students told local radio stations that the principal was too strict and they were tired of studying. They said they would prefer to come back just to sit for final examinations scheduled for next year.

The principal said parents had been informed and asked to bring back the students.

Schools reopened in October for final-year students after being closed because of coronavirus, while other classes will resume in January.

The ministry of education advised administrators to minimise interaction between students in boarding schools and people outside to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Continue Reading

News

Diego Maradona: The “Magic Footballer”

Published

on

As the world mourns the passing of Diego Maradona, Argentinan journalist, Joaquin Chomicki and Nigerian broadcaster, Temisan Okomi speak with NewsCentral TV’s Tolu Shotade on the “magic footballer” today on In The Game.

Continue Reading

Business News

Business Edge| Kenya Seeks $2.3 Billion Loan from IMF to Aid Economic Recovery

Published

on

On Business Edge today, News Central’s Joe Hanson and Global Tax Advisor, Mtwalo Msoni talked about Zimbabwe Beginning to Re-claim Underutilized Farms and how Kenya Seeks $2.3 Billion Loan from IMF to Aid Economic Recovery.

Continue Reading

Trending