The 2019 MTV EMAs awards held Sunday night in Seville, Spain saw the African giant, Burna Boy winning yet another big award. He won in the category for the Best African Act. This makes it two international awards the Afrobeat singer would win this year. Recall he won the Best International Act award at the 2019 BET awards. Burna Boy was nominated alongside co-Nigerian singer, Teni, Prince Kaybee (South Africa), TooFan (Togo), Harmonize (Tanzania), and Nasty C (South Africa).
However, Burna Boy was not present to receive the award as he had a concert at SSE Arena in Wimbledon, London. Burna Boy’s award makes it fourth time a Nigerian would win the award consecutively. First, it was Wizkid in 2016, then in 2017, Davido clinched the award and Tiwa followed suit in 2018.
Other winners at the 2019 MTV EMAs awards event include:
- Taylor Swift who won the Best US Act and Best Video,
- Nicki Minaj clinched the Best HipHop’
- Shawn Mendes won Best Artiste
- Best Canadian Act went to Johnny Orlando
- Billie Eilish was Best Song with his hit ‘Bad Guy’
- Best Collaboration went to Rosalia, J Balvin ft Guincho with the song titled “Con Altura”
We wish the African Giant more wins in the future!
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.