During an attack that is said to be perpetrated by Al-Shabaab militants in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, at least 10 deaths have been reported.
According to authorities, a building in Mogadishu that was attacked by members of the al-Shabaab group is now no longer under siege.
On Tuesday night, heavily armed gunmen from the group raided a building occupied by militia supporters and killed numerous individuals.
The AbdiAziz district was under siege for hours until the authorities were able to lift it. Late Tuesday night, loud gunshots and explosions could still be heard.
Four members of the al-Shabaab, who had claimed responsibility for the attack, are said to have been killed by security troops.
Following an onslaught by clan militia and Somalia’s military, supported by the African Union and US soldiers, the organisation has recently lost vast amounts of territory.
Yet as this incident in the middle of the nation’s capital demonstrates, they continue to pose a grave threat to the federal government.
Recall, on Tuesday, News Central reported that more than 50 soldiers were killed in a suspected terrorist attack in northern Burkina Faso.
The military confirmed that 51 bodies had been discovered, while some soldiers were still missing and three wounded personnel had been evacuated.
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.