Ronaldo Receives £173 Million-A-Year Contract Offer From Al Nassr

Cristiano Ronaldo might be on his way to Saudi Arabia, with Al Nassr making an incredible offer for the Portugal superstar. The five-time Ballon d’Or winner left Manchester United earlier this month when his contract was terminated early.

Ronaldo Receives £173 Million-A-Year Contract Offer From Al Nassr (News Central TV)
Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United 2022/2023 EPL Season

It happened after his harsh interview with Piers Morgan, in which he criticized Erik ten Hag and the management of Manchester United. The 37-year-old, who is currently representing Portugal in the World Cup, is now free to join any club, and rumour has it that he has already chosen his next team.

According to the Spanish publication Marca, he has agreed to a two-and-a-half-year contract with Saudi club Al Nassr worth €200 million per year (£173 million). That corresponds to £3 million each week, making him the highest-paid athlete in the world.

Your Friends Also Read:  Storms and Concerns Over Inclement Weather Conditions in Egypt  

Fabrizio Romano, a journalist, also stated that Ronaldo had received a formal offer from the Saudi club.

“Cristiano Ronaldo has received a formal proposal from Al Nassr, confirmed,” he posted on Twitter.

He added – “Almost €200m per season until 2025. But… big part is sponsor deals, so it’s not clear yet if image rights can be agreed. Nothing done/signed or decided. Cristiano, focused on World Cup.

The Saudis have undertaken an aggressive campaign to recruit more high-profile sports to the nation, and they are considering hosting the World Cup in 2030.

Your Friends Also Read:  South Africa's Economy Receives Boost Amid Rising Unemployment

Bringing in Ronaldo to Al Nassr, one of the greatest footballers of all time, would be a significant statement of commitment.  Al Nassr is one of the most successful clubs in Saudi Arabia. Right now, they are second in the Saudi Pro League.

Ronaldo told Piers Morgan in a previous interview that he turned down a £306 million offer to join a Saudi Arabian club, reportedly Al Nassr, this summer.  Instead, he stayed at Old Trafford, but he only played 520 minutes in the Premier League and scored one goal.

Following his departure, Ronaldo issued a statement in which he stated, “Following talks with Manchester United, we’ve mutually agreed to end our contract,” the striker said.

Your Friends Also Read:  Sudan After Al-Bashir: Former Regime Officials Stand Trial on Corruption, Murder Charges

“I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change.” He added “It feels like the right time to seek a new challenge. I wish Man Utd all the best.”

Ronaldo Receives £173 Million-A-Year Contract Offer From Al Nassr (News Central TV)
Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrates Scoring A Goal. FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

For the time being, Ronaldo will most certainly not focus on Al Nassr but on Portugal and the World Cup. They have already qualified for the last-16 and will play South Korea in their last group-stage encounter on Friday.


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article
Kevin Spacey Set to Appear in Upcoming Indie British Film Ahead of U.K. Trial (News Central TV)

Kevin Spacey to Appear in Upcoming Indie British Film

Next Article
Court Remands Student in Prison for Trolling Aisha Buhari (News Central TV)

Court Remands Student in Prison for Trolling Aisha Buhari

Related Posts