South Africa’s Second Largest Refinery Shut Down After Explosion

Following an explosion earlier on Friday, South Africa’s second-largest refinery has been shut down, Engen has announced.

The crude oil refinery in Durban exploded earlier on Friday, leaving seven people injured afterwards.

The fire resulting from the explosion was brought under control immediately, according to the Spokesperson of the refinery, Robert McKenzie. He also said there was no death recorded from the incident.

Engen has also launched investigations into the fire incident at the refinery which produces 120,000 barrels of oil per day.

“Engen is currently assessing its overall bulk fuels supply and demand position and implementing immediate mitigations to manage inventory and product supply requirements,” Engen said.

Your Friends Also Read:  Over 40 People Trapped in Zimbabwe Mine Collapse

The refinery is largely owned by Malaysia’s Petronas but controlled by Engen.


All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.

Contact: digital@newscentral.ng

Total
1
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Article

Ivory Coast Gives Passports To Former President, Gbagbo

Next Article

Algeria To Begin Free Distribution of COVID-19 Vaccines In January

Related Posts
Powered by Live Score & Live Score App