Days after an interfaith prayer session was held to mark the eighth year anniversary of the abduction of schoolgirls in Chibok community in the Southern part of Borno State, fighters of the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists have taken three more girls from the area.
The latest attack is the seventh time the community had been invaded by the insurgents since 2014 when the 276 schoolgirls were taken away from Chibok. They also carted away four vehicles, tricycles, livestock and foodstuff during the latest onslaught.
A 17-year old vigilante member of the community identified as Godwin was said to have been killed in the latest attack which occurred Sunday evening.
Sources said four of the abducted girls belonged to one family, while the attack has been reported to security agencies, who have reportedly deployed soldiers in the area.
Copyright: News Central TV
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from News Central TV.