President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has given approval for the appointment of a Governing Council for the Midstream and Downstream Gas Infrastructure Fund (MDGI). The MDGI Fund will be housed within the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA).
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Gas), Ekperikpe Ekpo, has been designated as the Chairman of the Governing Council.
Other members of the Council include:
- Mr. Oluwole Adama – MDGIF Executive Director
- Mr. Joseph Tolorunshe – MDGIF Governing Council Secretary
- Engr. Farouk Ahmed – NMDPRA Chief Executive
- Representatives from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Federal Ministry of Finance
- MDGIF Independent Member — Ms. Amina Maina (North-East)
- MDGIF Independent Member — Mr. Edet David Ubong (South-South)
- MDGIF Independent Member — Mr. Tajudeen Bolaji Musa (South-West)
The President has urged the appointees to fulfill their responsibilities with the highest standards of transparency, discipline, and patriotism. This aligns with the administration’s commitment to enhancing the role of the gas sector in achieving robust and inclusive economic growth for Nigeria.